House of the Dragon Series, Cast, Actors & Premier Info :
House of the Dragon (2011-2019) and Game of Thrones (2011-2019) are both American fantasy television series adapted from the book A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin.
House of the Dragon is a prequel to Game of Thrones. Martin and Ryan Condal created the HBO prequel series partly based on Fire & Blood.
Condal and Miguel Sapochnik are the hosts of House of the Dragon. “Dance of the Dragons” is a war for the Targaryen succession that takes place 200 years before Game of Thrones. The series follows the beginning and end of the Targaryen family.
Cast in House of the Dragon:
- A “kind, generous, and honest man,” King Viserys Targaryen seeks to protect his family’s honour and continue his grandfather’s heritage.
- He is the older brother of Prince Daemon Targaryen and the father of Princess Rhaenrya Targaryen. Actor Paddy Considine, who previously starred in the HBO miniseries The Outsider, plays this Targaryen father.
- Considine’s roles in The World’s End and Hot Fuzz may be what first drew Edgar Wright fans to him.
- Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, the king’s firstborn child, has been chosen as his heir despite the family’s patriarchal custom.
Actors of House of the Dragon:
- Paddy Considine plays King Viserys Targaryen in the movie House of the Dragon. Considine spent many years working in Hollywood and starred in many films including A Room for Romeo Brass, Last Resort, In America, My Summer of Love, Doctor Sleep, 24 Hour Party People, Dead Man`s Shoes and many other movies.
- Matt Smith, who plays Daemon Targaryen in House of the Dragon, next. In Doctor Who, Smith plays The Doctor, who has become one of the series’ most beloved repeat characters. This is probably the part for which Smith is best known. He is perhaps best known for playing Prince Phillip in the cast of The Crown.
- Prior to playing Alicent Hightower on the HBO series House of the Dragon, Olivia Cooke made numerous film and television appearances. Cooke played a major role in the miniseries Vanity Fair as well as the horror television series Bates Motel, which is almost scarier than its inspiration, Psycho. She also appeared in one of the episodes of Modern Love.
- Rhaenyra Targaryen, played by Emma D`Arcy in House of the Dragon, is pretty close to Daenerys Targaryen, but I don’t think anyone will ever exactly surpass her. D’Arcy has starred in films such as Misbehavior and Mothering Sunday, although her film and television career is still in its infancy.
- Next on the list is Steve Toussaint, who plays Lord Corlys Velaryon, also known as the Sea Snake in House of the Dragon. Toussaint has acted in numerous films, including Flight of Fury, Judge Dredd, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and Shooting Dogs.
House of the Dragon’ season 1 Premiere Recap : Welcome Back to Westeros
Hello again from Westeros! Three years have passed since our last visit to the fantastic realm. In order to meet a new group of characters from an earlier period of “Game of Thrones” history, we are now travelling back roughly 200 years. This time, “House of the Dragon” primarily focuses on the royal Targaryen family at King’s Landing rather than a broad tale across other families and places.
The spinoff establishes the scene by illuminating the rise to power of King Viserys Targaryen (Paddy Considine). A council had to choose between Viserys and his cousin Rhaenys (Eve Best) to be their successors years ago.
A few years into Viserys’ reign as king, he is worried that he won’t have any male heirs to succeed him on the Iron Throne. Princess Rhaenyra, his only child, is portrayed as a teenager by Milly Alcock. She much likes riding dragons to leading countries. Additionally, Alicent Hightower, who is the daughter of Otto Hightower (Rhys Ifans), the Hand to King Viserys, and who is portrayed as a teenager by Emily Carey, is her best friend.
Let’s introduce the other prominent members of Viserys’ council while we’re at it: Lord Corlys Velaryon (Steve Toussaint), who is wed to Viserys’ cousin Rhaenys, and Viserys’ trouble-making younger brother Daemon Targaryen (Matt Smith), who commands the city watch and murders criminals in the streets, are also prominent characters.
Viserys organises a jousting competition with all of Westeros’ fiercest knights to commemorate the upcoming birth of his child, including a few Baratheons, a skilled Dornish jouster, Otto Hightower’s son, and Daemon in some stunning armour.
Queen Aemma offers beginning whilst the knights reduce every different to bloody bits, a whole lot to the pleasure of the King’s Landing citizens looking withinside the throng. However, there are positive delivery-associated issues. Viserys is given an unthinkable choice via way of means of the grand maester: both surrender one or lose both.
Viserys orders the maesters to perform on Aemma and eliminate the child due to the fact he’s determined for a male inheritor. Due to this, Aemma have to have the world’s maximum horrific, mediaeval C-section, however the toddler is saved, and it is a boy. But the teenager is ill. The beginning of Viserys’ inheritor has the council concerned, so matters are not searching good.
The subsequent photograph we see is Aemma’s corpse on a funeral pyre, and subsequent to her lies the lifeless frame of her toddler boy. Rhaenyra says she hopes her father discovered happiness withinside the short time he had a son at some stage in the hard funeral service. The subsequent step is to decide the order of succession as soon as she instructs her dragon to Dracarys her mother’s frame.Given that he is Viserys’ younger brother, Daemon is the presumed heir to the Iron Throne, although he is not exactly a king-making candidate. Another choice is Rhaenyra, but is Westeros prepared for a queen? Don’t forget about Rhaenys either, the “queen who never was.” She appears to be planning something with Lord Corlys Velaryon. Are the Hightowers working on a secret plot to seize the crown as well?
Daemon, who is at a brothel, embarks on a tirade about Viserys and his deceased son, the “heir for a day,” while he is there. His arrogance reaches Otto Hightower, who informs Viserys, who is rightly displeased. Viserys orders Daemon to leave King’s Landing, but not before Daemon makes fun of both Otto Hightower and his older brother. Viserys also frequently injures himself while sitting on the Iron Throne, and the wounds are quite severe, although that is now the least of his concerns.
Mysaria (Sonoya Mizuno), a former prostitute who is now his closest friend, flees on a dragon with Daemon. Viserys informs Rhaenyra that he wants her to be his successor back at King’s Landing. Additionally, he makes mention of their ancestor Aegon Targaryen, the impending Long Winter that could bring about the destruction of Westeros, and “A Song of Ice and Fire,” which is the basic outline of “Game of Thrones.” The council and other lords of Westeros formally recognise Rhaenyra as the next in line for the Iron Throne and swear homage to her and Viserys. Rhaenyra should be thrilled, yet she seems very down about the whole event and appears to simply want to take off on her dragon.
Rhaenyra and her family will undoubtedly experience a trouble-free transfer of power because nothing unpleasant ever occurs in Westeros. Nothing personal, Daemon! Aemma Targaryen (Sian Brooke), the queen, is going through a challenging labour in the first episode of the HBO series. In order to ensure a male succession to the kingdom in accordance with tradition, her husband, King Viserys Targaryen (Paddy Considine), is anxious for a son.
The king finally decides on the horrific treatment after much agony, and the queen is killed by the blood loss.
Aemma calls labouring women “our battleground” earlier in the episode, and given the primitive equipment available at the time, that statement holds especially true in the world of the show.
Web Story: Interesting Facts about House of the Dragon Series
Visit Other Web stories: